Scam Prevention Statement
Addressing EVBox's brand used by scammers in fraud scheme
It has recently been brought to our attention that the EVBox brand has been misused by third parties to commit fraudulent activities (in South Asia). In particular, EVBox has become aware of its name and logo being used in fraud schemes to make people pay money or to obtain personal information. This includes the EVBox name and logo being used on fraudulent websites and the release of applications not authorized by EVBox.
EVBox is taking this matter seriously and we are doing our best to stop these illegal schemes.
Please be aware that EVBox does not:
- Run investment or rental schemes.
- Send emails from public email accounts
Should you come across any of the things described above, you are most likely facing a scam. In case of doubt, we recommend that you:
- Verify the identity of the source that you are in contact with. We’ll always send communication from our domain, ‘evbox.com’.
- Do not download any applications via an external link, always use the official app store of your provider.
- Never open an email attachment if you do not know the sender.
- Be extra careful when receiving award claims and being asked to take urgent action.
- Never provide your personal details or banking information
If you have encountered a fraudulent website or been the target of a scam, please report such activity to your local authorities.
The only applications authorized by EVBox are published by EVBox B.V. on the Apple App Store and Google Play Store (our current apps are EVBox Install, EVBox Connect and EVBox Everon). Applications downloadable directly from other sources, for example via a link on a website, SMS, WhatsApp or Telegram are NOT authorized by EVBox.