Last updated: 30.07.2020
By visiting the Site, or using any of our Services, you agree that your personal information will be handled as described in this Policy.
If you are a registered user, we may offer you access to the Portal. Please see the “Portal“ section for a description of the information that we collect through it and how we use and disclose that information.
At EVBox we respect individual privacy and we take the privacy of your personal information very seriously. If you have any questions or requests, please reach out to email@example.com or use the contact information located under the “Exercising your rights, questions, and contacting us” section.
- The information we collect about you
- How we use your information
- How we share your information
- What choices do you have regarding your personal information?
- Ad networks
- Links to other websites
- Security of your personal information
- Children under 13
- Cross-border transfers
- Exercising your rights, questions and contacting us
- Changes to this policy
- Special information for California consumers
1. The information we collect about you
We collect your personal information when you use or otherwise access our Site and Services. We either collect it directly or indirectly, depending on the source and situation.
For example, you provide us with your personal information when you request to receive a quote, sign up for marketing communications, access the Portal, use an EVBox charge card, or use an EVBox charging station. We also process your personal information when you apply for a job at EVBox. We may collect and receive some personal information from our affiliates or non-affiliated third parties. We also collect some personal information automatically about your use of our Sites.
Information We Collect When You Request To Receive A Quote
If you request to receive a quote, we process your personal information to let our colleagues contact and help you to get the quote you need for any of the Services we provide. We may also process your personal information to send you some marketing communications. You may unsubscribe to it whenever you want. The legal basis for this processing activity is your consent. For this purpose, we process the following contact details: first name, last name, company name, email address, phone number, city, and country.
Please review the “How we share your information” section for further details.
Information We Collect When You Use Or Access Our Services
When you create an account in our Portal, we may ask for your first name, last name, email address, and password. Depending on the type of account, we may ask for an account name, your company name, and tax number. For billing purposes, we may ask for your postal address, including your city and country. We may also ask for some of this information when you request a quote or when you sign up for marketing communications. Please review the “Portal” section for further details.
When you use an EVBox charge card in any charging station we process a unique charge card number, a unique charging station number, and details about your charging session such as location and duration. If you use an EVBox charge card in your own or other EVBox charging station, we may also process some log files containing service data of the station and its charging sessions. If your employer, (employer’s) lease company, business partner, landlord, parking facility or other company/individual (“Card Owner”) provides you with an EVBox charge card, we may also process your name and bank details for invoicing you for the charging session.
When you use an EVBox charging station we process an authentication number, a unique charge card number, and details about the charging session such as duration and location. If you hold a charge card of another eMobility Service Provider (“eMSP”), allowing you to charge at an EVBox charging station, we may also process an identifier of your eMSP and a transaction number. If you use an ad-hoc payment method, we also process a confirmation of the payment. In this last case, it is the payment service provider that processes your bank account details.
Information We Collect When You Apply For A Job
If you apply for one of our positions, we process your personal information to assess if you are suitable for such position. The legal basis for this processing activity relies on our legitimate interest, as we need to assess how you can help us to accelerate the transition towards a zero-emission future. For this purpose, we may process the following personal information:
- Personal information that you provide us with (e.g. your CV, application form, cover letter);
- Personal details (e.g. name, date of birth, ID number);
- Contact details (e.g. telephone number, email address, postal address);
- Background check information from public authorities;
- Right to work information (e.g. work permit, visa application);
- Character and/or performance information from referees and/or references;
- Pre-employment assessment information from assessment service providers; and
- Personal information from the public section of your social media account(s), or other public information about you.
We will only use the personal information about you if such is necessary and relevant to the position you apply for. We keep this information on file for one year, or as otherwise required by applicable law and regulation.
In the application process we may ask you if we can also contact you for any upcoming employment opportunity for which you may be suitable, and thus keep your personal information on file for a period of one year for this purpose. You can refuse and/or withdraw your consent for this at any time.
Information We Collect From Other Entities
Where permitted by applicable law, we may purchase information about you from marketing companies for advertising purposes. We may also receive information about you from our affiliates or when you respond to surveys or questionnaires that we conduct. In addition, in accordance with applicable law and website terms and conditions, we use a service provider to search publicly available website(s) for emails addresses of individuals who may be interested in our Services.
Additionally, your employer may add employees to the Portal so that multiple persons within your company will have access to our Services. If your employer chooses to do so, then we will also have your business contact information and any other information that your employer chooses to provide to us.
Information We Collect Automatically
We automatically collect information about your use of our Site through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies, including technologies designed for mobile apps. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we combine this information with other information we collect about you, including your personal information. We automatically collect the following information when you visit our Site:
- your domain name;
- your IP address; your device ID or MAC address;
- your browser type and operating system;
- web pages you view on the Site; links you click on the Site, cursor movement and text box entries;
- the length of time you visit our Site and/or use our Services; and
- the referring URL, or the webpage that led you to our Site.
Please see the “Cookies and other tracking mechanisms” section below for more information.
We may offer registered users the ability to access accounts through the Portal. We will collect the information you submit through the Portal and associate it with your account. For example, we may collect the following: information related to your requests to add or change services; information regarding your charging session or the charging station you use (whether at a public charging station or your own, and whether you are using a charge card provided by someone else or your own); information regarding your charging station purchase or registration; information regarding the warranty and maintenance services you obtain from us; your payment card information, bank details or other information about your payment, depending on whether we use a third party to process your payment; and information required to administer our relationship with you, including for customer service purposes.
We use that information for purposes consistent with this Policy and our agreements with our customers.
When you use the Portal, we may share information that we collect from you with our service providers who assist us in performing our Services in accordance with the terms of our agreement with you, such as installation service providers. If you use a charging station powered by a software platform operated by an entity other than us, we will receive information about your use of the charging station and platform from that entity, and, if the charging station is operated by an entity other than us, we will provide certain of that information to the charging station provider.
2. How we use your information
We use your information, including your personal information, for the following purposes:
- To provide Services to you and to improve the Services that we provide to you.
- To communicate with you about your use of the Services, to respond to your inquiries, and for other customer service purposes.
- To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, to offer location customization, and personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using the Services.
- To send you email marketing about our products and services and for other marketing and promotional purposes.
- To send you news and newsletters.
- To assist us in advertising on unaffiliated websites, mobile apps, and other online services, and to evaluate the success of our adverting campaigns through unaffiliated channels (including our online targeted advertising and offline promotional campaigns).
- To better understand how users access and use the Services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis. For example, we will evaluate which features of our Site are more (or least) used by users, and we will use this information.
- For research and analytics purposes.
- In order to gather and track statistics about how our Site is used.
- To administer surveys and questionnaires, such as for market research or member satisfaction purposes.
- To assist in recruiting individuals to join our team when you have applied for a position.
- To comply with legal obligations, as part of our general business operations, and for other business administration purposes.
3. How we share your information
We may share your information, including personal information, as follows:
- Service Providers. We disclose the information we collect from you to service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf. These service providers include the entities that host the Site and Services, or the databases that we compile using information collected through the Site, and entities that we engage to assist us in conducting our marketing campaigns.
- Affiliates. We disclose the information we collect from you to our affiliates and subsidiaries.
- Third Parties. If you request a quote from us on the Site, we will share your information with authorized resellers of our products and services who may contact you with the information that you requested and other information.
We also disclose information in the following circumstances:
- Business Transfers. If (i) we or our affiliates are or may be acquired by, merged with, or invested in by another company, or (ii) if any of our assets are or may be transferred to another company, whether as part of a bankruptcy or insolvency proceeding or otherwise, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other company. As part of the business transfer process, we may share certain of your personal information with lenders, auditors, and advisors, including attorneys and consultants.
- In Response to Legal Process. We disclose your information to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We share aggregated, anonymized, or de-identified information about users with unaffiliated entities for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes.
4. What choices do you have regarding your personal information?
On the Portal, you may modify personal information that you have submitted by logging into your account and updating your profile information. If you would like to inquire as to how to update any other personal information that we have collected about you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that copies of information that you have updated, modified or deleted may remain viewable in cached and archives pages of the Site and Portal for a period of time.
We may send periodic promotional emails to you. You may opt out of promotional emails by following the opt-out instructions contained in the email. Please note that it may take up to 10 business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt out of receiving promotional emails, we may still send you emails about your account or any services you have requested or received from us.
If you are California resident, please review the “Special information for California consumers” section.
What are Cookies?
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your device’s hard drive through your web browser for record-keeping purposes. Some cookies allow us to make it easier for you to navigate the Site and Services, while others are used to enable a faster log-in process or to allow us to track your activities at the Site and Service. There are two types of cookies: session and persistent cookies.
- Session Cookies. Session cookies exist only during an online session. They disappear from your device when you close your browser or turn off your device. We use session cookies to allow our systems to uniquely identify you during a session or while you are logged into the Site and Services. This allows us to, personalize certain settings (ie. language setting), process your online transactions and requests and verify your identity, after you have logged in, as you move through the Site and Services.
- Persistent Cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your device for a certain period of time, or until you remove them, after you have closed your browser or turned off your device. We use persistent cookies to track aggregate and statistical information about user activity, to store your preferences (ie. video player preference and auto populating forms) and to display advertising both on the Site, Services, and on unaffiliated websites.
Disabling Cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in the future. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Visitors to the Site and Services who disable cookies will be able to browse certain areas of the Site, but some features may not function.
Clear GIFs, pixel tags and other technologies. Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your computer’s hard drive, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on web and app pages. We may use clear GIFs (a.k.a. web beacons, web bugs or pixel tags), in connection with the Site and Services to, among other things, track the activities of Site visitors, help us manage content, and compile statistics about Site usage. We and our service providers also use clear GIFs in HTML e-mails to our customers, to help us track e-mail response rates, identify when our e-mails are viewed, and track whether our e-mails are forwarded.
Cross-Device Use. We and our service providers, including Google, may use the information that we collect about you (whether directly from the Site, through your device(s), or from an unaffiliated entity) to help us and our service providers identify other devices that you use (e.g., a mobile phone, tablet, other computer). We, and our service providers also may use the cross-device use and other information we learn about you to serve targeted advertising on your devices and to send you emails. To opt-out of cross-device advertising, you may follow the instructions set forth in the “Ad Networks” section below. Please note: if you opt-out of these targeted advertising cookies, your opt-out will be specific to the web browser, app, or device from which you accessed the opt-out. If you use multiple devices or web browsers, you will need to opt-out each browser or device that you use.
Do-Not-Track. Currently, our systems do not recognize browser “do-not-track” requests. You may, however, disable certain tracking as discussed in this section (e.g., by disabling cookies); you also may opt-out of targeted advertising by following the instructions in the “Ad Networks” section.
6. Ad networks
Users in the United States may opt out of many ad networks. For example, you may go to the Digital Advertising Alliance ("DAA") Consumer Choice Page for information about opting out of interest-based advertising and your choices regarding having information used by DAA companies. You may also go to the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") Consumer Opt-Out Page for information about opting out of interest-based advertising and your choices regarding having information used by NAI members.
Opting out from one or more companies listed on the DAA Consumer Choice Page or the NAI Consumer Opt-Out Page will opt you out from those companies' delivery of interest-based content or ads to you, but it does not mean you will no longer receive any advertising through the Site, Services, or on other websites. You may continue to receive advertisements, for example, based on the particular website that you are viewing (i.e., contextually based ads). Also, if your browsers are configured to reject cookies when you opt out on the DAA or NAI websites, your opt-out may not be effective. Additional information is available on the DAA's website at www.aboutads.info or the NAI's website at www.networkadvertising.org.
7. Links to other websites
The Site and Services may contain links to unaffiliated websites. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Policy, but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those websites. We are not responsible for the information practices of such unaffiliated entities’ websites.
8. Security of your personal information
We have implemented reasonable precautions to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware that despite our best efforts, no data security measures can guarantee security.
You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
9. Children under 13
The Site and Services are not designed for children under 13 years old. If you are under 13, you should not register with or otherwise provide your personal information to the Site or Services. If we discover that a child under 13 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such information from our systems.
10. Cross-boarder transfers
As a global company, we may transfer, process, or store the personal information we have about you to countries other than the country in which the information was originally collected. As such, your personal information may be subject to the laws of the countries in which it is stored or used. By using the Site and the Services, you understand that your information may be transferred, processed, or stored outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may have a different data protection regime from the country in which you reside. In certain circumstances, courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies or security authorities in those other countries will be entitled to access your personal information. Our transfer, storage, and processing of your personal data will at all times be in accordance with this Policy.
11. Exercising your rights, questions and contacting us
If you wish to exercise any of your rights, or you have a question about this Policy, please fill out this form, contact us via email at email@example.com, or send us a letter to the address below:
EVBox North America Inc.
Attn.: Data Protection Office
1930 Innovation Way, Suite 200
Libertyville, IL 60048
12. Changes to this policy
This Policy is current as of the Effective Date set forth above. We may change this Policy from time to time, so please be sure to check back periodically. We will post any changes to this Policy on the Site. If we make any changes to this Policy that materially affects our practices with regard to the personal information we have previously collected from you, we will endeavor to provide you with notice in advance of such change by highlighting the change on the Site, or by email (if possible).
13. Special information for California consumers
If you are a California resident, the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) provides you with specific rights regarding your personal information. These rights include:
- the right to know what personal information is being collected about you;
- the right to access and delete that personal information;
- the right to know whether your personal information is sold or disclosed and to whom;
- the right to say no to the sale of your personal information; and
- the right to not be discriminated against for exercising these rights.
You may enforce these rights by filling out this form, emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by using the contact information located under the “Exercising Your Rights, Questions, and Contacting Us” section. Please allow up to forty-five (45) days for a response. Because your privacy is important to us, we will require you to verify your identity before we fulfill your request. To do so, we may ask you to provide your first name, last name, email address, postal address and some valid proof of identification. You can also designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf by providing us with written authorization or a power of attorney, signed by you, for the agent to act on your behalf (Please Note: you will still need to verify your identity directly with us). We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights.
“Do Not Sell My Personal Information”
The CCPA provides that California residents may opt out of the sale of their personal information. We do not sell your personal information for monetary or other valuable consideration. We process your personal information as described in this Policy.
In this Policy you can find the categories of personal information we collect about you, the categories of sources from which we collect your personal information, our purposes for collecting that personal information, the categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information, and specific pieces of personal information we collect about you. If you would like to request the disclosure, access or deletion of that personal information, please contact us at email@example.com or by using the contact information located under the “Exercising Your Rights, Questions, and Contacting Us” section.
In particular, we have collected the following categories of personal information within the last twelve (12) months:
- Identifiers, such as first name, last name, email address, postal address.
- Commercial information, such as transaction data, charging station session data.
- Financial data, such as confirmation of payment.
- Geolocation data, such as location of the charging station, if you provide permission, some GPS location data.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, such as information regarding your interaction with our Sites, or advertisements.
- Employment-related information, such as your CV, application form, cover letter.
The sources of this personal information are you when proactively provide us with your personal information, your use of our Services, affiliates, and third parties such as service providers.
We use your personal information for providing you our Services, including the creation of an account for you, for improving our Services, for marketing and advertising, for communicating with you, for analyzing the use of our Services, for preventing, detecting, investigating, and responding to fraud, unauthorized access/use of our Services, breaches of terms and policies.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties such as service providers or affiliates.